Facilities Operation Technician (3 Technicians, 1 Supervisor)
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience maintaining government facilities and supporting execution of standard building maintenance jobs. Candidates should also possess:
• Three (3) years of professional experience in concepts and methods of facility operations and design projects.
• Experience planning approaches to assignments from customer/supervisor.
• Experience determining maintenance, restoration, and/or repair needs.
• Experience preparing plans for specifications for alterations to assets.
• Experience overseeing build progress and ensuring timing, costs, and contract requirements are adhered to by performers.
• Ability to communicate with team members and client
• Self-motivation to execute tasks in between project supervision tasks
• Assist the Government Facilities Manager with facilities and infrastructure planning, Infrastructure Board planning and reporting, Facilities Tactical Group inspections and follow-through, Capital Improvement Program planning, and Basic Facilities Requirements (BFRs).
• Ensure proper operation of designated facility support equipment; maintain inventories for equipment, parts, supplies, containers, hardware items; and track hardware problems and change control activities.
• Be responsible for monitoring nonexplosive related safety compliance and deficiencies, working with the Command's Safety Office, in the areas of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) and Environmental Management in Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation (RDT&E) Labs and Range.
• Process telecommunications requests for land lines, cell phones and air cards.
• Prepare designated facilities for special events such as demonstrations and in-process reviews (IPRs).
• Update applicable Government database(s) and produce routine or ad-hoc reports as necessary to track the status of; Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO), Operating Materials & Supplies (OM&S), Physical Evaluation Board (PEB), Hazard Materials (HAZMAT), Government tagged property or other items as required via DD1149 or appropriate Government documentation and work with the respective base entities to assure concurrence with current status.
• Deliver hardware and materials to and within designated facilities at NSWCDD. To accomplish this, the Contractor shall utilize a Government-owned vehicle for delivery and transport purposes.
• Maintain a SECRET clearance